The Trader Workstation (TWS) is a trading platform developed by experts. It enables traders, investors and institutional clients to trade different products such as stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds and funds worldwide on over 135 exchanges worldwide from a single account.
Select one of the TWS versions to download and install the platform. Once the software has been installed, you can log in to the platform by double-clicking the newly created TWS icon on your desktop. If you prefer to perform updates manually, you can use the offline installation programs.
The latest version of the TWS, which includes all new functions. The TWS Lastest Version updates itself automatically upon login if an update is available.
A stable version of the TWS, which is updated less frequently, but offers maximum stability. This version does not contain all the latest features. This version also updates itself automatically when an update is available.
The offline installation packages contain everything you need to install and use the TWS. The installed offline version does not update itself automatically. If a new version of the TWS is released, you must manually download it and reinstall the offline program. If you prefer automatic updates of the TWS, please install one of the above versions with automatic updates.
The Mosaic version of the TWS is characterized by its intuitive design and immediate usability. Gain quick and easy access to comprehensive trading, order management, charting, watchlist and portfolio tools, combined in a single workspace that you can customize as you wish.
- Single window access to TWS tools for trading, orders, live quotes, technical research and analysis.
- The portfolio display provides an overview of the most important account information and details of positions at a glance. Define and directly transmit orders in the order entry window. Use the order monitor to track and modify active orders and to view executed and cancelled orders.
- Create orders directly attached to the "Orders" section, such as bracket, stop limit, take profit or one-cancel-all orders, as well as beta, FX or pair hedging orders.
- Add multiple watch lists to display financial instruments in groups and create individual market scanners.
- Add gradients, lines and bars in the market scanner to make trends and patterns easy to spot.
- Display interactive, customizable charts that support numerous studies and trend lines.
- View general news as a real-time stream, with the ability to filter by specific topics or use real-time streams for news on a specific underlying asset.
- Which enhance Mosaic's performance by subscribing to premium news services and market observer analyses from renowned providers such as Reuters, Dow Jones, Morningstar and Zacks.
- Build a custom workspace from your favorite tools that fits your trading needs.
- Use the color grouping function to color-link individual display windows and ticker symbol activities so that a symbol is automatically adjusted in all color-linked windows.
In addition to the modern Mosaic version, the TWS offers a classic version. It is for all traders who need more complex tools and algorithms. The classic window layout offers you a quick click order placement function via bid and ask prices. The order line is displayed directly below the market data line.
With the real-time control system you can check the current status of your account at any time. In an ever-changing market environment, you are ahead of others with this system.
Here you can view account balances, margin requirements, available balances for transactions, market value and portfolio data for all products in customized and clear account views.
Track and keep control of your margin requirements. A quick overview of potential bottlenecks can help you avoid closing positions. You can also use the hypothetical portfolio margin calculation to display your margin requirements using the portfolio margin system.
Check the daily net trading results and executions sorted by ticker symbols in our expandable trading report.
Create watch lists where you can monitor products using real-time quotes based on your market data subscriptions. Depending on your personal trading method, you can create, enlarge / reduce and move multiple individually named watch list windows.
Create real-time alerts on price, time, margin and trading volume. These alerts can inform you of important changes in the market environment.
Check your profit and loss statement in the trading window and in the account overview.
The Trader Workstation can access more than 100 order types and algorithms. Different order types and algorithms can help you limit risk, speed up execution, use discretion, optimize market timing and simplify trading processes through advanced trading features.
The risk assessment technology advanced in TWS can help you manage risks in a dynamic market environment.
The IB Risk Navigator is a real-time market risk management platform that allows you to fully assess the potential risks in many asset classes worldwide.
Use this advanced option pricing tool to change pricing assumptions and incorporate them into model pricing calculations.
Use the option analysis window to display the value that reflects the rate of change of the option price relative to a unit in several risk dimensions.