TWS Mobile for Android
The TWS Mobile App gives you full access to the investment universe of 135 countries around the world. You can specifically manage and control your trading account as well as your securities account with one touch. The TWS Android Mobile App is the perfect companion for mobile trading.
The use of the TWS Mobile offers the following advantages:
- Complete control over all trades and positions in your securities account
- Mobile trading worldwide from the road, wherever you are
- Trade stocks, options, futures and foreign exchange professionally in the app
- View real-time live prices and real-time based charts of all tradable instruments
- Benefit from IB's Smart-Routing-Technology™ on the road and always get the best possible execution
- Never miss the best course again with the e-mail price alert
TWS Mobile for Android - System Requirements
|Android Smartphone & Tablet|
|Device||Any Google Android certified* device running at least one of the OS versions below.|
|Operating System||Android OS 6.0 or higher|
|Account||In order to make trades, you must have a confirmed and funded account. Interested parties who are not FXFlat customers can log into TWS Mobile to use a demo version for mobile devices.|
TWS Mobile uses IB's Secure Login system, this is a two-factor authentication to secure your account from unwanted access. Use a dedicated security device or secure your data using unique security features such as your fingerprint or a PIN of your own choosing.
Please note that TWS Mobile uses your mobile network for communication purposes in phases and may incur increased data usage charges for roaming connections.
*Only Android-compatible devices licensed through the Google Mobile Service (GMS) are able to install the TWS Mobile app from the Google Play Store.
Android only considers applications that come from the Android Market to be 100% safe. However, you can install TWS Mobile from the FXFlat website or your computer by opening the application settings for your phone and checking the "Unknown sources" checkbox. After that, you can install applications from sources other than Android Market.
If you are upgrading to the production version of TWS Mobile for the first time, which contains a version higher than version 0.1.132, you must first uninstall Beta TWS Mobile and then reinstall the production version. If you receive a notice to upgrade while logged in, click Upgrade to go to the TWS Mobile page in the Android Market. Here, select Uninstall and follow the process to uninstall TWS Mobile. Once the uninstall is complete, you can select Install on the TWS Mobile page in Android Market.
If you do not see the Uninstall button on the Android Market page, you will need to manually uninstall the following procedure.
- From the phone's home screen, access the Settings menu.
- Select "Applications" and then "Manage applications".
- Select the Mobile TWS application and click Uninstall.
If Mobile TWS has been uninstalled, run the application file or reinstall it from Android Market.
For security reasons, TWS Mobile automatically logs off after 20 minutes of inactivity (TWS Mobile is considered inactive if it is not visible on the screen or the screen is turned off). If you are logged in as a registered user, you can shorten this period to one minute for added security. To do this, open the >Configuration option in the main TWS Mobile window and select >Automatic logout.
When the Mobile TWS has logged off automatically, a notification with IB logo is displayed in the Android taskbar. Clicking on the notification from the Mobile TWS in the Android notification bar reactivates the Mobile TWS.
The TWS Mobile login does not support passwords longer than eight characters. If your password is longer, please enter only the first eight characters. Or reset your TWS password to a maximum of eight characters in Account Management. To reset your password, log in to Account Management on the IB website. In the User Management section, select Password.
If TWS Mobile goes into the background (for example, when you answer an incoming call), you can restore it by clicking the IB TWS application icon or by long-pressing the Home button. Note that in the latter case, TWS Mobile may not be one of the currently running applications, especially if it was running in the background for a long time. This is perfectly normal, as Android automatically shuts down inactive applications when it needs resources.
If Customer Service has asked you to upload your log file, this is most effectively done before you log in again, as the log is deleted immediately after you log in. To upload the log file BEFORE you log in to IB TWS:
- From the Login menu, select Upload Log.
To upload the log file if you are already logged in to IB TWS:
- From the Configuration screen, select Upload Log.
To upload the log file from another screen within the IB TWS application:
Type uploadlog (case-insensitive), and you will be presented with the log upload dialog box where you can provide a description of the problem and attach a screenshot to the package to be sent to IB Support. Notice that you don't see any upload log letters on the screen as you type them. If you see what you are typing (the input focus is in an editable field), the link to upload the log will not work. You need to move the focus for it to work. If your phone does not have a physical keyboard, you can always access the software keyboard by long pressing the menu button.
In cases where you cannot upload your log file using the above procedure, you can manually view, copy and email the file. Simply locate the log file in the configuration, copy the file, and email it to [email protected]
When you log in to your IB TWS application, all other TWS sessions are automatically logged out. If you are logged into TWS and your Internet connection is interrupted, you do not have to wait for TWS to time out.
When you log in to IB TWS, the existing session is logged off. Note that IB TWS offers more limited trading options than the full Internet version of TWS.
Several account types are not yet supported in IB TWS, including institutional accounts, G accounts (guaranteed dollars), and OATS-reportable accounts. If you have one of these account configurations, you will not be able to trade your IB account through the IB TWS application.
Yes. On the text message page of the alert, enter the email address to which the alert should be sent. This address will be used for all alerts unless deleted or changed. If you do not enter an email address, your alert will be sent to your mobile device as text.
Please submit your request via the IB TWS platform-specific section of the New Features Pollfor consideration (English!)
The current version of TWS Mobile supports the following:
- Order Types: Limit-, Market-, Relative-, Stop-, Trailing-Stop, Stop-Limit
- Times in Force: Day, Good Till Cancelled (GTC), Outside Regular Trader Hours (outside RTH)
- Products: Stocks, ETFs, Options, Futures, Forex, Futures Options, CFDs, Warrants
We use your phone information for the following reasons:
- If you want to associate free alerts with the user, opening free alerts will display the alerts you created in a previous session.
- To direct you to the geographically closest servers (we have servers on three continents).
- To pre-populate the default email address with email to the SMS gateway. This currently only applies to AT&T and Verizon phones.
You may be behind a corporate firewall. Please open port 4000 for unproxied TCP / IP communication from your device.
If the recommendations on this page have not solved your problem, please email [email protected] with a detailed description of the issue you are having, including the following information:
- IB TWS for iOS problem statement in the subject line, for example: IB TWS for iOS login error message.
- Your TWS account number.
- Mode of connection (Wi-Fi or Cellular).
- The version of iPhone you are using.
Professional charting tool
Mobile TWS offers you a professional trading environment and worldwide access to stocks, futures, options and foreign exchange.
With Mobile TWS you have:
- Full access to your portfolio and positions
- All order types of the TWS
- IB's smart routing technology, which always finds the best execution for you.
- Access to the entire Interactive Brokers investment universe: you have the ability to trade in 135 markets from 33 countries in 23 currencies.
- Even if you are not a client yet, you have access to real-time Forex quotes and delayed market data from around the world. Use market scanners and real-time alerts to your email address.
Up-to-date economic news and in-depth company statistics will guide your investment decisions wherever you are.