due to the recent events in the silver market and the expected high volatility, the margin requirement for the SILVER and SILVERm symbols for the Professional accounts will be adjusted from the current 0.5% to 10%. The adjustment will take place today, 01.02.2021 as of 23:00 CET. The new margin requirement is valid until further notice.
The standard accounts are not affected by this change.
The margin requirement of the silver future will also be adjusted and affects all FXFlat account types. The new intraday margin is the same as the overnight margin and is 14000€.
The changes can be found on our website at https://www.fxflat.com/en/metatrader/contract-specification
When market volatility increases, it is advisable to consider prudent risk management steps to protect your account:
- Make sure you have enough free funds in your trading account
- Use stop-loss orders on open positions
- Consider more conservative position sizes or closing out some positions
- Margin reduction can be done by closing out open positions
- Consider a complete pause if you are not comfortable trading in volatile markets
Please feel free to contact us with any questions.
With best regards
Your FXFlat Team