due to the recent events and situation in the Ukraine - Russia conflict, increased volatility is expected in the oil market. Margin requirement for BRENT, BRENTm, WTI and WTIm symbols for Professional accounts will be adjusted to 10%. The adjustment will take place today, 14.02.2022 as of 23:00 CET. The new margin requirement will apply until further notice.
The Standard accounts are not affected by this change.
The margin requirement of Oil and Natural Gas Futures will also be adjusted and affects all FXFlat account types. Please refer to the table below for the new margin rates that will be in effect from today's changeover to overnight margin at 21:45 CET until further notice:
As market volatility increases, it is prudent to consider prudent risk management steps to protect your account:
- Make sure you have enough free funds in your trading account.
- Use stop-loss orders for open positions.
- Consider more conservative position sizes or closing some positions.
- Margin reduction can be done by closing out open positions.
- Consider taking a complete break if you are not comfortable trading in volatile markets.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions.
With best regards
Your FXFlat Team