The Trader Workstation account allows you to trade options in over 17 countries. Trade well-tried option strategies such as "Cash Secured Puts" and "Covered Calls".
Of course, Trader Workstation also offers you the possibility to trade much more complex strategies and option combinations.
Options on stocks, indices, commodities, currencies and futures can be traded.
Benefit from a quick and easy transmission of option orders via our trading platform.
+ EU options from 1.90 EUR
+ US options from 2.90 USD
+ Trade quickly and effectively in many attractive trading venues
In order to implement your strategies profitably, Trader Workstation offers you some powerful tools within the trading platform.
These include the Optiontrader, the Option Strategy Lab, the Strategy Builder and much more:
The OptionTrader is the trading tool for all option traders.
View the current market prices, look at the Greeks and manage your options orders.
Adapt the OptionTrader to your own needs, create complex option strategies and place combination orders directly from the tool.
With the Option Strategy Lab you can create and place simple and complex multi-part option orders based on your price and volatility forecast.
Enjoy the many advantages of the Option Strategy Lab, such as Filter results by rewards, delta, base price and / or due dates. Furthermore, you can adjust the details of the strategy components and order parameters and then place the order directly from the lab at the trading venue.
In the performance comparison chart, you can graphically display and compare the profit and loss of up to five strategies.
With just a few clicks, the Strategy Builder enables you to create and trade an individual combination of options. You can create combinations conveniently and easily, e.g. Bull Call Spread or Calendar Spread and add them to the Strategy Builder. With a few clicks, the order is specified and transmitted.
Options have different effects on your portfolio at expiration, depending on whether they are in the money or out of the money.
This page gives you a brief overview of how expiring option positions are handled.
Basically, FXFlat/IB has the following rules:
- Stock options, which are due in the current month and are in the money by 0.01 USD or more, are automatically exercised by the broker or the Options Clearing Corporation (OCC), without any explicit instruction by the broker.
- Index options, which are due in the current month and are in the money by 0.01 USD or more, are automatically exercised by the broker or OCC, without any explicit instruction by the broker.
If you as an FXFlat client have "contrary intentions", you have to inform us explicitly in the TWS option exercise window if you:
- want to avoid the exercise of a stock or index option that is in the money by 0.01 USD or more.
- want to exercise a stock or index option that is in the money by less than 0.01 USD.
- exercise an out-of-the-money stock or index option.
You should also be aware that it can lead to different actions on your portfolio depending on the option and positioning.
- With an in-the-money long call option, the underlying asset is purchased at the strike price and booked into your portfolio. However, if the option is out of the money, you lose the option premium you initially paid.
- In the case of an in-the-money long put option, the underlying asset is sold at the strike price and booked out of your portfolio. In case you do not own the stock position, a short position is created! However, if the option is out of the money, you lose the option premium you initially paid.
- In the case of an in-the-money short call option, the underlying asset is booked out of your portfolio. In case you do not own the stock position, a short position is created! However, if the option is out of the money, you keep the option premium you initially received and the option expires worthless.
- With an in-the-money short put option, the underlying asset is booked into your portfolio and you must pay the purchase price. However, if the option is out of the money, you retain the option premium initially collected and the option expires worthless.
Of course, you always have the possibility to react before the expiration date and manage your option positions.