FXFlat/IB's SmartRouting advantage gives our customers the best price in execution.
IB SmartRoutingSM searches for the best available stock, option and combination prices that are available at the time of your order and attempts to execute the order electronically immediately.
What you do not learn from other brokers
The results are even more impressive when you consider that other statistics used in the industry do not give you the full picture. These statistics only indicate the percentage of orders where there was an improvement in price and do not mention the percentage of orders where there was no or little improvement. In contrast, our statistics are netted and show you the actual price advantage that results below the line - taking into account all price improvements, price deteriorations and unchanged amounts.
- Unlike other smart routing systems, IB SmartRouting does not have the problem of your order being routed and then forgotten. The system constantly evaluates rapidly changing market conditions and dynamically re-routes all or part of your order to achieve the best possible execution and maximize your savings.
- IB SmartRouting displays each component of a spread order independently and routes each component to the optimal execution venue.
- IB SmartRouting AutorecoverySM redirects your US option order in the event of a stock market disruption, whereby IB takes on the risk of a possible double execution.
- In order to achieve price improvement on large-volume and block orders and to take advantage of hidden institutional order flows that may not be available on the exchanges, IB includes eight dark pools in its smart routing logic.
It may happen that the same best bid/ask price is offered on several stock exchanges. In this case, the intelligent router takes into account the transaction costs together with the fee or discount for withdrawing/adding liquidity to determine where your marketable order should be routed to. Clients who want even more control over their orders can set intelligent routing strategies for non-marketable orders for stocks and options. For equities, customers with the Cost Plus pricing structure can choose where to route their non-marketable orders and select the following routing preferences:
- The stock exchange with the highest discount
- The stock exchange on which the share is listed
- The exchange with the highest volume, which has a discount for additional liquidity
- The exchange with the highest volume, which charges the lowest fee for the withdrawal of liquidity
For options, customers can choose to send their non-marketable, smart routed orders to the exchange with the highest discount. These routing instructions can be set order-specific on the Miscellaneous tab of the order ticket or as a global default setting on the SmartRouting configuration page.